Congratulations on the new addition to your family - your bundle-of-joy!
If you’re not there yet but thinking about it, then that's all the more reason to connect.
This is the happiest time in your life. But the fact is that it is also a big responsibility. Especially financial responsibilities!
No reason to sweat, though.... With SANA Insure, you can now secure delivery-related financial challenges with adequate Health insurance that provides maternity cover.
Be it normal delivery or caesarean, all pre-natal and post-natal expenses, post-delivery care and vaccinations can be covered under maternity health insurance. Studies suggest that the ratio of caesarean v/s normal delivery stands at 65:35 (in metropolitan cities). Which is why, ladies, it is
more important to opt for health insurance plans with maternity cover
List of Health Insurance plans offering Cashless
Maternity Coverage for Normal Delivery
This is important. . .
What is the waiting period?
Pregnancy is all about anticipation and waiting. Same with health insurance. Sure, there is a waiting period, but good things come to those who wait, right?! Most maternity insurance plans in India have a waiting period ranging from 9 to 36 months. Policy holders can claim benefits only after serving the maternity waiting period, once the policy starts.
P.S.: Maternity insurance makes for an ideal marriage gift!
Now for some vital info -
Features of Maternity Insurance Plan
You've got Cover!
- Delivery related hospitalization expenses
- Both normal and caesarean deliveries are covered, up to respective limits
- Expenses like room charges, surgeons fee, doctor consultation charges , anesthesiologist cost
- Cover for new-born up to 90 days ( most plans offer this )
- Most plans also offer pre and post hospitalization expenses
- And (Heaven forbid!) if the new-born baby has been diagnosed with congenital disorder, then those treatment-related expenses care also covered
- Baby's vaccination expenses
Critical things have certain limitations. So, policies that offer maternity as an add-on cover have a limit on the coverage offered, either by way of a fixed amount or subject to the Sum Assured. Only a few policies offer coverage more than Rs. 50,000.
Good News! Tax Savings!
As per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits applies to maternity health insurance policies. Another reason to celebrate!!
Baby got Best!
A safe mother and a sound baby. That is all you want. Not only does it cover the expenses related to the mother, but it protects the child, too, in case of critical illnesses.
Yes, bonuses aren't just limited to jobs! If the policy holder doesn’t raise claims in a certain policy year, the insurer offers an additional sum insured free of cost.
Flexibility to choose the Sum Insured
You can choose the Sum Insured at the time of purchasing a maternity health insurance policy. Make the right choice that fits your needs.
Some cautions as well!
What is not covered under Maternity Insurance Plan?
The expenses not covered in Maternity Health Insurance differ from plan to plan. However, typically the following are not covered:
- Termination of pregnancy (under 12 weeks) aur
- IVF and infertility related expenses
Click here to get updated information on all maternity insurance plans, complete with inclusions and exclusions, for more information
So, really. . .
When Is the Right Time to buy Maternity Insurance?
A stitch in time saves nine. If and when you plan to have a baby, get covered for maternity expenses well in advance.
Maternity health insurance needs to be planned, much like family planning. For they typically come with a waiting period of 9 to 36 months
from policy start date.
So as future parents, do keep the following in mind:
- If you settle for a higher category room you might have to cough up the difference. Not just in room rent; even for other related expenses like doctor's fees etc. Maybe keep a back-up plan, just in case.
- Don't let maternity cover be the primary factor. Pregnancy is a happy surprise, but it makes for a short-lived health insurance plan. Get a plan that covers a lot more more than maternity.
- Giving birth to a new life is a miracle. Plan in advance so you protect both mom and baby. Get ample cover for all as you journey from being partners to proud parents.